Written by PS

My son has a 3 month trip planned to the Schengen Zone later this spring.  He has a juvenile conviction in Minnesota and is registered in the state.  He is now an adult. He contacted the MN BCA who handles registration in the state asking for the 21 day travel form to fill out and send back to them.  They told him that they do not require nor utilize this form for international travel.  They also told him they do not report any international travel information to the Feds.  We have reviewed the information on the SORNA website and it says that it’s the states registration department that is responsible for relaying the travel information to the US Marshal’s Office.

My son wants to comply with all requirements (state and federal), but is not sure what to do at this point.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!