Will things change for me?

Written by John Smith

I am considering moving from New Jersey to Kansas. I met a women and she wants me to move out there. She knows my past and accepts it. My problem is parole. In NJ, there is something called parole supervision for life (psl).  Because of that, I can’t just move or even go visit without a complicated process and even then there are no guarantees. Also, to leave NJ, another state must agree to my parole rules and if i were to move to another state, and ever violate, i would have to do the time in that state and then in NJ. I know nothing of Kansas and how their rules are. Also, even if the world court rules against the US for human rights violations what would that mean for me? Even if the sorna rules change, I’m not sure how that will improve my life. I wonder if i should just try to leave the country but NJ wont even let most rso’s leave the state, even if they have had a stable and law abiding life for years. Am i a prisoner in the state of New Jersey but with walls that are farther apart? Sorry if this is a bit negative but it does weigh on me.

2 thoughts on “Will things change for me?

  1. Stile Parso says:

    My uncle’s a registrant from Kansas. Not entirely familiar with their system myself being from south Dakota but from what I’ve heard, if south Dakota was a 1 on restrictive scale and my current state florida was a 10 I’d put Kansas at about a 7. I know my uncle became homeless and wasn’t allowed to see his daughter. Beyond that ur gonna have to ask a local.

  2. Steve Peters says:

    I’m registered in Kansas. Kansas is one of the least restrictive states. Once I finished my probation, there were no restrictions for me on where I could go. You can go to state parks and breathe a little easier. If you have kids that are in school, the state has no restrictions. You may still need to let the principal know about your situation and tell them when you would be attending any of your kids school activities. The only catch for Kansas is that you will have to update your registration every 90 days.

    Not sure how Kansas would treat you coming from a differentt state but I think you would enjoy it compared to other states. Let me know if you have any other questions. I hope this helps.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.