A chance of freedom in wyoming

Wyoming sex offender registry laws offers a chance to be relieved of an individuals duty to register.
2016 WY Code Title 7, Criminal Procedure, chapter 19 – Criminal History Records, Article 3, Sex Offender Registration. Section 7-19-304. “ Termination of Duty to Register.”

Look it up on law.Justia.com. All the criteria is laid out and easy to read. Basically, depending on each individual case, and the Wyoming equivalent of each case, it provides a way out, if you have kept your nose clean. AGAIN it depends on the case, and Wyoming’s equivilant, but if a person has gone 10 years  with no other sex convictions, and no convictions of any kind that could be punishable by 1 year in prison, you can petition the courts to be released from your duty to register. It also gives a 25 year duration. BUT that time does not include time incarcerated, or absconded. So if your case was 10 years ago, but you spent 5 years in prison, the time in prison don’t count. You’ll need 5 more years out, registered, and conviction free. Same if you did not register when you were supposed to. The time not registered does not count.

I hope this can help someone get free. Our human rights have been violated to the point it’s to widely accepted to change now I fear. I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse. So if you can, I pray you get free, and Wyoming residents, I pray I have helped in some way with this information.


4 thoughts on “A chance of freedom in wyoming

  1. Travis says:

    I live in Wyoming (but my case is from Ohio) so it would be interesting to see how that would play out. I am not very optimistic for the fact that I tried just getting my voting rights back and was turned down twice and told not to try again, and I fit all the qualifiers.

    1. Monty says:

      Hey Travis, sorry to here about the voting rights issue. You can get them back! You have to have a document from the Ohio Dept of Corrections saying your sentence, and parole are completed and Wyoming will reinstate your rights. They’re probably not telling you that part tho. We are not the most popular people in society! Lol. And there are always assholes around us in every capacity.
      It doesn’t matter what state your conviction was in as long as you are now a Wyoming resident. I think it’s 2 years to be considered a resident. Don’t hold me to that number, I’m not positive. But as long as you meet the criteria provided in the statute I quoted in my post, you can be relieved of registration. It does get a lil tricky I’ve heard, but if you have a reputable attorney who won’t let shit slide, you should be alright. Like I said in my post. It depends on your case, and what Wyoming’s equivalent of that case is. A couple of people got their motion granted, but the prosecution appealed, and won. So they had to go back on the registry, mostly due to Wyoming’s equivalent of their conviction case.
      I hope I helped my friend good luck.

  2. Travis says:

    I filled out the application. I sent in all my documents from the State of Ohio courts. I was rejected two times. I believe it is just one person that decides wether or not you are getting your voting rights back. If the letter it literally states that it is a final decision. I grew up in this state. I have been back from Ohio for 5 years now. I’d like to know what else I have for options if I have not exhausted them all. Thanks.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.