Today I would like you to contribute to the website. List the things you or a relative/friend experienced because of registry requirements or legal conditions imposed by a judge. Even if this post is very old when you finally read it, please add your 2 cents to the list.
I will start by listing a few things, not making any sense, that my son had to experience and I sincerely hope you guys will add more wood to the fire. Please numerate your contributions.
- When my son was in the halfway house, he was denied the right to attend the funeral of one of his best friends. They told him that there will be kids there and so they denied it like it was nothing. That is disgusting. It is fair to say that no child was ever abused during a funeral in the history of man. This is abusive treatment: attending a funeral should never be illegal unless you are a convicted rapist and your victim is attending the funeral. This is not the case here and far from it.
- In Canada, sex offenders are allowed to vote but voting booths are often in places where sex offenders are not allowed to go, like parks and community centers. When my son told his probation worker his voting booth was in a park, he was told, “Well, it means you cannot vote!” Like it was nothing. Basically, he risked prison if he dared to vote! Jesus, are we in a banana republic?! It’s Canada… how can this possibly happen?
- When my son told his probation officer about the fact that he needs more sleep than the common person (related to his autistic condition) he was told he was using autism to avoid the consequences of his actions and it was denied once again like it was nothing. After that, he suffered a burnout. Not from working too much but from the sleep deprivation and daily social interactions imposed by the halfway house. Read my full article on the subject.
- My son was suddenly forced to quit martial arts because the 14 year-old son of a black belt started to attend his adult class. Not only has he never abused a child (he was arrested for pictures of young girls, without any sexual content, taken from nudist sites) but he has never been attracted to boys. Once again, probation denied his request. This time saying he was not motivated enough in therapy which had nothing to do with the situation. In their perverted minds, they thought they would lose leverage over him if they decided to support his request for the change in legal conditions he desperately needed: to be allowed to have a 14 year old male in his martial arts class that had no business there in the first place. Kids’ safety was not an issue in any way. Even the procurer clearly stated that there was only females on his hard drive.
- My son, definitely not a child molester, was imposed legal conditions for 10 years that should only be imposed to serial child rapists. There is no way he would ever abuse a child. He always knew the difference between a real girl and a picture and, as it’s often the case with autistic people, he is a rule follower. Somehow he was misguided by the fact that the Canadian criminal code clearly states, that to be considered child pornography, a picture has to contain “a clear sexual connotation.” So he allowed himself to gather soft pictures with nudist girls smiling while playing volleyball on the beach; pictures he thought were legal. He never possibly considered that, in consequence of that, the S.W.A.T. Team would break into his apartment, send him to prison, and tag him as a sex offender for the rest of his life. In his own words, prison was the easiest part of the sentence. But being a registered sex offender for life is hell on earth. He would give an arm or trade his criminal record for 50 lashes anytime, which is far less cruel than such an undeserved tag following you for the rest of your life.
- Your turn…
If we put together enough nonsense, we should make a video about it. Please contribute.
Thanks in advance for your help,